Lot of our customers have asked us what is the difference between BellaMoon Lie Down Nursing Nest and a Baby Sleep Pod/Baby Lounger.
They are essentially very different products, with very different uses!
It is time to demystify the differences between a Sleep Pod and a BellaMoon Nursing Nest and help you decide which is best for you.
1. DESIGNED TO SUPPORT BREASTFEEDING
The BellaMoon Lie-Down Nursing Nest is designed to support both Mother and Baby lying together side by side when lateral breastfeeding in bed (or on top the bed).The raised baby mattress provides a hygienic and firm base to feed, whilst improving your latch by raising baby up closer to your breast for a comfortable feed.
Sleep pods are designed for somewhere for baby to lounge / lie down separately. You cannot breastfeed whilst baby is lying in a Sleep Pod as baby is fully enclosed by raised, padded sides. Mothers are required to physically lift baby out to sit up and feed – and when you’re doing this anywhere around 8 times a night, it can be pretty exhausting, especially if recovering from a c-section – or birth in general.
At Bellamoon, we recognised the need for an ultra-safe, semi enclosed aid which allows baby to feed lying down in or on the bed. We have outlined the safety aspect below.
2. BELLAMOON GUARDS BABY’S SPACE
BellaMoon's Lie-Down Nursing Nest clever patent-pending design allows Mothers to laterally breastfeed in the universal side-lying breastfeeding position with both comfort and protection. Our signature Anti-Roll Fin* between Mum and baby is a strong structural component which prevents rolling and infringing baby’s space during lateral breastfeeding.
The outer edge of the BellaMoon Lie-Down Nursing Nest has a unique Inclined Anti-Roll Barrier* which prevents baby from rolling off the edge of the bed, and is robust enough to remind your partner (if present) that baby is present and feeding.
3. BELLAMOON IS DESIGNED FOR TOGETHERNESS
Sleep pods are designed for babies to lie in alone – hence why they are fully enclosed.
BellaMoon Lie-Down Nursing Nest is designed for Mother and Baby to lie and feed together. At BellaMoon, we believe that baby is so little for such a short space of time in its life, that all these moments of togetherness should be cherished.
The space above babies head is fully open for breathability and to prevent a build-up of heat, whilst allowing Mum to naturally lovingly cocoon herself around her baby and kiss their head during lateral feeding.
4. BELLAMOON CAN BE EXTENDED TO PROVIDE COMFORT FOR MOTHER TOO
Sleep pods are designed for baby’s comfort – whereas BellaMoon Lie-Down Nursing Nest can be extended to include a Mothers back support pillow, to allow for the enhanced comfort of both Mother and baby.
The Full Moon 7-in-1 System
Now 20% OFF
The BellaMoon 4-in-1 Pregnancy Pillow can be added on to the Lie-Down Nursing Nest to give deep comfort to pain points in Mums back, neck, shoulders and hips when feeding on her side.
It is this closeness and bond during lateral breastfeeding which lies at the very core of BellaMoon and we celebrate this position wholeheartedly.
5. BELLAMOON HAS MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS
BellaMoon is not just for lateral feeding! When you build it up to form the complete Deluxe 7-in-1 Pregnancy and Nursing System, there are lots of different functions – 7+ overall! This includes;
- An adaptable and incredibly comfortable Pregnancy Pillow to use from first trimester onwards,
- A sitting-up Nursing Pillow to use in the early days when establishing your latch,
- A Baby Lounger so you can safely place baby down momentarily,
- A Tummy-Time Pillow when babies learn to use their neck muscles,
- A Nursing Privacy Cover to use when learning the confidence to breastfeed in public,
- A Deluxe 7-in-1 Pregnancy and Nursing System for lateral feeding on top of the bed,
- A BellaMoon Lie-Down Nursing Nest for lateral feeding during the night. When breastfeeding is complete and baby has latched off, we recommend the baby is returned to their own separate sleep surface.
So all in all – BellaMoon Lie-Down Nursing Nest is a completely different product to a sleep pod. It offers different functions and benefits, and is very much focused around Mother as well as baby. It’s usable life ranges from pregnancy through to 18 months and beyond.
If you have any questions, just drop us a message on our website www.bellamoon.co.